For an ecommerce company, SEO is the low-cost marketing path to increased sales and long-term profitability. But with so much competition, squeezing yourself onto that first search engine results page can feel nearly impossible.
Our agency can help you rise above your competitors with advanced ecommerce SEO services. We’re always on top of the leading, most effective strategies, and we’ll customize them to fit the specific needs and goals of your business — as a veteran ecommerce SEO company, we don’t believe in “one size fits all.”
Our ecommerce SEO services include on- and off-page SEO using leading strategies and techniques designed to maximize your ROI. For starters, ecommerce websites need to be optimized for search engines to crawl efficiently. Our ecommerce SEO agency ensures that your technical infrastructure is solid, so that we can maximize the success of all subsequent organic optimization efforts.
You may have heard that content is king — but king of what? Well, one could say that content is “king of SEO.” Content is what moves the SEO needle, which is why our ecommerce SEO services revolve around a three-pronged content strategy. To start, we look at your products and make sure that all product pages are effectively optimized for keywords (and that the copy is effective and well-written). Second, we identify the best long-tail keyword options and create high-quality, long-form content that actually drives SEO results and converts readers. Third, we run content outreach campaigns to drive links from high domain authority sites pointing back to your ecommerce site.
Increasing your search value and improving your SERP results takes a lot more than simply plugging in keywords across your website. In order to really move the needle, you need an ecommerce SEO agency that knows how to develop a strategy that will help you take the lead over your competitors and stay there.
These ecommerce marketing tactics are:
- Proven. We’re not just talking hypotheticals here. The ecommerce marketing strategies we’ll cover in this post have been derived from our agency’s most successful ecommerce digital marketing campaigns. We know these work, period.
- Actionable. These are designed to work for your business with a minimum of prior setup. Some require more planning than others, but for the most part, you could put these into practice today, if you really wanted.
- Flexible. No two businesses are the same or have the same needs — especially given the wealth of options for ecommerce marketing platforms out there. Nearly all of the strategies here will be platform-agnostic: Whether you’re using Google AdWords, marketing on Facebook, focusing on SEO and content marketing, or something else, you’ll be able to put these to use.
- Complementary. Why use one top ecommerce marketing strategy when you could use two or three? You can use as many of these best ecommerce marketing strategies as makes sense for your business.
1-stSEO is a veteran ecommerce SEO company, and we’ll put our expertise to work for your business. We’ll provide you with detailed, customized, and comprehensive on- and off-page SEO strategies that are designed to take your ecommerce site to the next level.
1. On-Page SEO
In the time that on-page SEO has been around as a concept, the rules and best practices have evolved significantly — and they continue to evolve further every day. In order to keep up, you need an ecommerce SEO agency that stays current and up-to-date with the latest best practices and strategies.
At 1-stSEO, we’re constantly checking to ensure that our clients’ websites follow current SEO best practices. We regularly optimize your content to ensure that you gain better visibility, which means getting more sales. And while other agencies seem to disappear after you sign on the dotted line, our ecommerce SEO services include monthly reports to ensure you’re never left in the dark about your site’s performance. As an ecommerce SEO company, we’re proud of how we’ve grown close with many of our clients, offering them expert on-page SEO services at an unmatched value.
2. Off-Page SEO
In order to get the best rankings for your site, you need to go beyond just on-page SEO efforts. You also need to focus on off-page SEO — building up high-quality links that point back to your site. This can be a lot more laborious than it sounds, especially since some black-hat backlinking practices can actually harm your search value.
With our off-page SEO services, you gain a team of experts that use only reputable and effective practices to build links from other high-authority websites. We do this by creating shareable content for your site, creating guest content for other sites, and through social media campaigns.
The best ecommerce SEO strategy starts with an honest assessment of where you currently stand in the search results. Much like stepping on the scale before you begin a diet, you need to understand where you currently are to decide where you want to go.
An ecommerce SEO audit examines how your site ranks for the search terms most relevant to your business. It identifies your “domain authority,” which is how sites like Google assess your trustworthiness and expertise. It assesses your site architecture and if search engines might find your site clunky or hard to navigate.
The best audits will also include a competitor analysis and assess where they rank for these same keywords to best position your business for success.
There are great tools for performing an ecommerce SEO audit, like Moz and SEMRush Site Audit.
4. Overhaul Technical SEO
It’s one thing to make sure that product pages are using the correct phrases, but technical SEO for ecommerce websites tends to be much less commonly understood. Common technical SEO issues include:
- Slow load times. Is your website performing poorly, which might cause some visitors to bounce away before they even fully load?
- Broken links. Did you forget to change existing links when you renamed previous URLs? If search engines keep hitting dead ends, they’ll penalize your search ranking.
- Duplicate content. Whether it’s duplicated tags, meta descriptions, or on-page content, search engines don’t like to see it!
- Security issues. Does your site have HTTPS pages that link to HTTP ones? That’s a no-no.
Fixing technical issues like these (and many others) will improve your site’s SEO health dramatically. Technical SEO for ecommerce is often overlooked, but is no less critical than any others.
Your ecommerce SEO audit assessed how you were doing in all the keywords you were currently targeting… but what about the ones you aren’t? Targeting new keywords and search terms is a great way to grow your audience with zero ad spend. In order to know what new phrases you should be targeting, you need to do comprehensive ecommerce keyword research.
When you work with 1-stSEO, you’ll get years of combined expertise in every aspect of SEO. Our ecommerce SEO services will help your business get the sort of visibility you’ve always wanted.